The variety of places of work gifting their staff some horrible Diwali presents isn’t new. Whereas staff work exhausting all 12 months lengthy, festivals are a time to rejoice and have fun with households and mates. That is additionally the time when most organizations rack their brains looking for the absolute best presents for his or her staff. In the long run, some do achieve giving lovely, significant presents whereas others, fail to impress their staff. Overlook pleased and motivating presents, some corporations find yourself gifting issues that even undermine staff!
Six staff share their story of getting the worst Diwali reward from their places of work.
1. “Think about getting a guide that claims how staff will be higher at their job and enhance effectiveness. I believe my firm simply not directly wished to inform all of us that we suck at our jobs. A lot for getting a present on Diwali.”
2. “All of us obtained Rs.300 Amazon reward voucher for Diwali reward. I imply we work a lot day and evening to get issues working and that is what we get for a competition reward. It’s worse as a result of all of us assumed we may get one thing higher, like a bonus or one thing. However alas, too many expectations.”
3. “My boss gifted me a field of anti-aging lotions and eye-cream with a product tag that claims, ‘cut back wrinkles and age elegantly’. Firstly, I’m simply 24 and this appeared like an insult to me. Does it imply I look outdated and drained? That’s for the lengthy and strenuous hours plus in a single day work hour, my boss has put me via. I’d moderately not have such a Diwali reward. Worse was it a re-gift from his spouse?!”
4. “Final 12 months, I obtained this fruit and nuts field. Initially, it was packaged badly, and half of the field was empty. I actually felt so unhealthy that I thought of letting the HR see it by mistake or you recognize, the same old talk-about-it-by-mistake kinda factor. However, earlier than I did that, I overheard the HR saying that the corporate couldn’t afford full packing containers these 12 months.”
5. “My total crew had obtained coupons to a fantastic cafe in the town. It was very costly, so all of us had been actually pleased. Plus, we obtained two coupons every, so I assumed I may take my girlfriend right here for a shock deal. We obtained there all dressed up solely to know that these coupons had expired 5 months again! I want I may have saved myself from the embarrassment.”
6. “I didn’t even get presents from my firm final 12 months. Others could have even obtained shitty presents, however, think about getting nothing on Diwali. Sure, precisely. I used to be so upset!”