CD Projekt has no plans to shelve Cyberpunk 2077 and is committed to fixing bugs to ensure the game’s long-term success

Spread the News


CD Projekt has no plans to shelve Cyberpunk 2077 and is committed to fixing bugs to ensure the game’s long-term success

CD Projekt has no plans to shelve Cyberpunk 2077 and is committed to fixing bugs to ensure the game’s long-term success after a rocky launch, according to joint chief executive Adam Kicinski. Kicinski confirmed that CD Projekt was in contact with Sony, which removed Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store only a week after its release in December due to player concerns about glitches.

The action-adventure game billed as “an open-world, an action-adventure story set in… a megalopolis obsessed with strength, glamour, and body modification” and starring Hollywood star Keanu Reeves, was delayed three times before its release.

“I don’t see a way to put Cyberpunk 2077 on hold. We are confident that we will get the game to a point where we can be proud of it and, as a result, market it successfully for years to come “According to Kicinski.

Last month, CD Projekt released a patch for Cyberpunk 2077, and Kicinski said that the new 1.2 patch was a step toward the game’s return to the PlayStation Store and that CD Projekt and Sony had “warm ties.”

Since 2015’s The Witcher: Wild Hunt, Cyberpunk 2077 had become CD Projekt’s most awaited game. The company also abruptly canceled plans for a standalone multi-player version of Cyberpunk 2077 last month. The style, according to Kicinski, is riskier for the business, which has previously concentrated on single-player games.

Another setback occurred in February when CD Projekt was the victim of a cyber attack. According to Kicinski, the company did not lose any data as a result of the attack, which was triggered by a flaw in third-party software, and only experienced a 2-3-week delay in development work.

Kicinski, who has been with CD Projekt since its inception nearly three decades ago, said the company is searching for acquisition opportunities as it prepares to make a “fundamental” shift next year, allowing it to work on two high-budget games simultaneously. He stated that acquisitions would not be made to raise financial performance and would not be limited to specific geographic areas.

He also said that, since hostile takeovers in the gaming industry cannot be completely ruled out, the company took steps a few years ago to reduce the risk of becoming a takeover target, including capping a shareholder’s voting rights at 20%.

Following the rocky launch of Cyberpunk, CD Projekt is facing class action litigation in the United States, according to Kicinski, who added that the organization is represented by Cooley LLP.

CD Projekt said on Friday that legal proceedings against the company in the United States over the terms of distribution agreements with Valve Corp. had been withdrawn in one of those cases. CD Projekt has no plans to shelve Cyberpunk 2077 and is committed to fixing bugs to ensure the game’s long-term success after a rocky launch, according to joint chief executive Adam Kicinski.

Kicinski confirmed that CD Projekt was in contact with Sony, which removed Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store only a week after its release in December due to player concerns about glitches.

The action-adventure game billed as “an open-world, an action-adventure story set in… a megalopolis obsessed with strength, glamour, and body modification” and starring Hollywood star Keanu Reeves, was delayed three times before its release.

“I don’t see a way to put Cyberpunk 2077 on hold. We are confident that we will get the game to a point where we can be proud of it and, as a result, market it successfully for years to come “According to Kicinski.


Spread the News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: