The seven-hour assembly between the farmers and the Centre right now failed to finish the impasse over the farm legal guidelines, with farmers’ representatives saying that they’re sticking to their calls for, together with the repeal of the contentious farm legal guidelines. Union minister Narendra Tomar, who led the negotiations, mentioned the government “has no ego”. The subsequent assembly might be held on Saturday. Farmers had warned that right now‘s assembly was the federal government‘s “last chance” to name a particular session of Parliament and repeal the three contentious legal guidelines.
Listed below are the highest 10 factors on this massive story:
- “The government will take into account giving extra authorized rights to farmers. MSP will proceed, we’ve assured farmers of MSP,” Union minister Narendra Tomar mentioned after the assembly. “It will be good if the farmers can name off the protest,” he added.
- On the assembly right now, the farmers’ representatives made a presentation on the inadequacies of the contentious new farm legal guidelines, after which the government gave its views, sources mentioned.
- On the lunch break throughout the assembly, farmers refused to have the meals provided by the government. “They provided us meals, we denied and are sticking to our langar which we’ve introduced with us,” a farmer chief mentioned.
- Sources mentioned the government is an agency in backing the legal guidelines. However, they’re contemplating different potentialities that will assist farmers to come on board. These may embody a written assurance concerning the continuance of the Minimum Support Price, the most important concern of the farmers.
- The government can also be contemplating farmers’ demand to strategy the courts in case of a dispute over contract farming, sources mentioned. Beneath the present guidelines, such a dispute can solely be resolved by the Sub-Divisional Magistrate.
- The farmers’ our bodies have been adamant, contending that nothing however the repeal of the three contentious legal guidelines might be acceptable to them. Legalizing the Minimum Support Price “is not going to serve the aim,” they added.
- Parkash Singh Badal, Shiromani Akali Dal chief, and former Punjab Chief Minister has returned his Padma Bibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award, in protest towards the government‘s “betrayal of farmers”.
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who met Union Home Minister Amit Shah forward of the farmers’ assembly, mentioned he requested each side to resolve the difficulty “because it impacts the economic system of my state and safety of the nation”.
- The Delhi-Meerut Expressway was shut after it grew to become clogged with incoming tractors and vehicles on protesting farmers from Punjab. The Chilla border can also be blocked for Noida to Delhi passage, although the opposite aspect stays open. The National Highway-9, one other entry-level to Delhi has been closed. The DND flyway to Noida, nevertheless, is open.
- Farmers are camped out at 4 busy entry factors of the national capital — Singhu, Noida, Ghazipur, and Tikri — to press their calls for. Farmers from Uttar Pradesh are holding a sit-in protest on the Noida-Delhi border for the third straight day. In Singhu, farmers who’ve fever might be given free Covid assessments.